Engagement Part 1



My idea of great use of photoshop when my parents were visiting...he doesn't smell...(you don't smell hun)

I’m Engaged!

WHAT? Aren’t I 13? No wait make that 5, and it’s my first day of school.

No wait, that was yesterday, today, I’m engaged.

I can’t believe the day is finally here!

I thought it would be great to share with you how this magic happened.
Let me start by saying I was not expecting this…well at least not on August 13, 2009 (when it took place). Please keep this in mind as you read on!

It all started with a text message in the afternoon asking me if I wanted to go out for dinner. I didn’t have much in the fridge and I was already hungry, so I said “Sure!”

When Jetty told me that where we were going was a surprise I thought that was just such a romantic gesture. I was excited for something new and some good food.

Jetty said where we were going was nice and that it was about 30mins away so I decided to dress up a bit. I figured if we were going somewhere a little ways away it must be worth the drive!
Well Jetty took forever to come get me, so I had a snack to hold me over. When he finally arrived I noticed he was dressed nice too. “Oh lovely” I thought, but then he told me it was because he has poison ivy on his arm (which he did…it was gross) and that a dress shirt covered it while still being light and cool since it was such a hot day out. This made perfect sense to me and I didn’t think twice about it.

We drive for what seems like forever (even though I had a snack, I was still starving- and I kind of had to use the washroom). We finally arrive in Grande Bend which – if you don’t already know this – is the cutest little town.

We ate at a place called Lakeview. "Wow! How did you find this?" I asked. He says that he was looking for a place to take me for our 1 year (August 20, 2009) and found this place and didn’t know what the weather was supposed to be like the rest week so he thought we might as well go when we could be guaranteed sunshine. This also made perfect sense to me.

We sat down and ordered and had a delicious meal. In the middle of it I threw out this great comment laughingly, “If you proposed tonight that would be SO cheesy. My dad proposed to my mom on the beach at sunset.” (Grande Bend is right on a beach, we were staring straight out at it and the beautiful sunset.)


Luckily he laughed this comment off. while saying “I don’t remember you telling me that” (he didn’t- but I’m pretty sure I told him- Some married couples say this is something I should get used to... but it's almost always me who forgets, so maybe I didn't tell him...)

Moments later as I SLOWLY sip my glass of wine Jetty jokingly throws this comment out there, “If I was copying your dad I’d be SOL.” (Yes he said it just like that).

I laughed and kept taking my time as the sun dropped below the horizon...

Read Part 2 Here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.