Pinterest Challenge: Make-up Remover

I was pretty sure I wouldn't be able to get anything done for the Pinterest Challenge this time around. (In the past I've had lots of fun with it. I participated in the first challenge with my burlap box here and the second I participated in, I baked a cake and made pretty storage for my make-up brushes here, I've also done a a bunch of random Pinterest inspired projects, most of which you can find here.)


This time around the fun is being hosted by Katie, Sherry, Megan and Michelle


Anyway, as most of you know I've been busy lately and haven't had the blogging bug bite as often as I'd like, but I had one project I've been itching to finish for a while now so I thought this was as good a time as any to tackle it.

Make-up Remover!

It doesn't always have to be a craft right? My inspiration came when I pinned the following to my "To DIY" board long ago:


So I finally made my own version:


Pin It! 

The original recipe belongs to One Good Thing  you can find her recipe here. She also made some super awesome and cute cloth face pads which I really want to try. I actually only made one small adaption to her recipe and that was that I added 1/4 tsp of Vitamin E oil.


Ingredients needed: Coconut oil, distilled water, baby shampoo. (I got my coconut oil at Costco!)
See the original post for the full recipe!

I mixed it all in a bowl and poured it into a bottle I had already. It's great because it has a little squirt top so I don't waste any!


I found my Vitamin E Oil at a local health food/supplies store. (It even says on the jar that it prevents wrinkles- SCORE!)

I don't really like to scrub at my face or pull at it in any way. I've got to keep that skin looking young as long as possible! So this mixture is perfect. It takes all my make-up off no problem and my skin really feels soft and clean without having to rinse my face off (and cover it in that hard tap water). It seems silly to clean your face-cleaning product off your face right?

Well that's all for me this time around, but I'm so happy to have this checked off my list of to-do's!

Be sure to pop around and see everyone else's projects. Especially Tamsyn at Max and Me, she always has the best Pinterest projects! (Also, I think that's how we first connected...!)
Photobucket

Follow Me on Pinterest

12 comments:

  1. This is awesome. I've tried store-bought makeup removers before and they didn't work very well. I love the idea of making my own, so I am totally going to try this :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know how it goes! I will keep you posted on how this continues to work for me! :)

      Delete
  2. I've been looking for a DIY makeup remover..definately going to pin this and try it out. Thanks for sharing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Ya I think it's great on the pocket and the face! :) So glad to hear you will try it!

      Delete
  3. I've been wanting to try something like this! Is your skin sensitive at all? I'm prone to breaking out and I wonder how my skin would react to this...

    P.S. East Coast of Canada represent! Hali girl here :) Such a surprise when I checked your About page!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My skin isn't too sensitive, but I really don't usually put anything on my face so I think it would not like anything harsh. I love that all the ingredients are super mild. Might be worth testing on another part of your body first? Also LOVE that you are from the East Coast of Canada too! i love Hali and lived there for about 5 years!

      Delete
  4. I've seen this and have been wanting to try it for a while. It's always nice to hear from someone else first that it actually worked!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know what you mean! I'm glad I could help. ;) I hope you give it a try! :)

      Delete
  5. I was just thinking the other day that we must have 'met' because of the pinterest challenge! Thanks so much for linking to me :)

    I love this project, it's so nice to know exactly what's in the things we put on our face.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's funny! No problem at all! You really do the best Pinterest challenge projects! :) Maybe next time you will be hosting ;) So glad you like this! It was simple and I agree- great to know what I'm putting on my face!

      Delete
  6. This is interesting to me, because coconut oil is comedogenic - would it not cause breakouts for some?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Melissa! I did a quick Google search and found that, yes, it can be for some. Perhaps trying a lower concentration of coconut oil. (The original recipe calls for very little) This also may not be for everyone, but I'm still finding it to be great with my skin. I would be cautious if you are prone to clogged pours though. Here is one link I found: http://www.lisaliseblog.com/2012/03/coconut-oil-and-core-pore-question.html?m=1

      Delete

Your comments make me smile and I enjoy reading each one.

I love to reply to all of your comments. If you would like to be alerted to my reply please click the subscribe by email link at the bottom of the comment form.